So the kids are gone and hubby is of course working. I have all this time on my hands the next two weeks and while I will be working too, my sporadic part-time hours are not nearly as fulfilling when there is nothing but a neurotic dog to come home to…In another life I would be volunteering at a.l.p.h.a. and going to Christmas parties, but I can’t do that here because I have to wait for the Cascade AIDS Project volunteering until I start my practicum. Sigh. So I have decided to make a list of the things I could but more than likely won’t get around to doing with all my free time before I go into full on working student mom wife mode in January:
1. Use the really expensive gym membership we pay for that I have used 4 times since June and hubby has used 0. Yay for wasted resources!
2. Alphabetize the 8947504750340534 books on my shelves that when I unpacked I put into subjects and genres and swore I’d alphabetize later.
3. Write poetry (haven’t done that in like a year)
4. Play my guitar (haven’t done that in like a year)
5. Finish my Sookie Stackhouse novels, that just really aren’t as good now that I have seen the bastardized tv show (comparatively speaking, however last night I was watching “How to make an american quilt” which I haven’t seen in 15 years and realized Sophia, the mermaid character is GRAN! She has ALWAYS been old and looked exactly the same. Magic.)
6. Clean out my son’s closet. I may need a hazmat team to do that.
7. Reorganize my clothes….I really have too many and find myself wearing the same 6 things constantly.
8. Start using my yoga dvds again.
9. Go ride the train and people watch.
10. Go to a show in Portland.
11. Take the books back to the library that are a good month overdue. Oops.
12. Sleep. Alot.
13. Finish the project I have for my 1st anniversary. Meh. Maybe this one might get done. Maybe.
14. Take the dry cleaner bag to the dry cleaner *GASP*
15. Take the large blankets from the garage to the laundry mat.
16. Go walk around and look in store front windows and create my fantasy wardrobe and house with home furnishings….
17. Actually go to one of the things the Mormon missionaries keep inviting me too, I just would feel like such a fraud and if I am theologically wrong, by going the church may fall on my head.
18. Go Christmas caroling. Ironically.
19. Get drunk.
20. Get drunk and go Christmas caroling…Drunkenly.
Hmmm. I bet there are lots more things I could do…..Most likely I will just end up at Starbucks, the dog park and here in the inter-webs….I’m so lame. LOL