I have apparently been not counting my blessings recently and being a little bitch. So I figure I need to put them somewhere so that whatever powers that be can stop punching me in the ovaries.
Rather than feeling sorry for myself re: my effing car sitting on the side of the road with some sort of electrical malady, I must thank and appreciate that I have such amazing friends that they would leave a Father’s Day dinner with their parents who came from San Fran, just to help me out.
Rather than freaking out about the nonrefundable plans I have this weekend and my potential inability to follow through on them because of said mechanical maladies; I must thank and appreciate that those same friends have offered me their extra car to make it happen for no other reason than it is important to me: no questions asked.
Rather than become a hysterical and stereotypical female because I start work tomorrow and my car needs some acupuncture; I must thank and appreciate the fact that my awesome neighbor friend is letting me use their extra car to get to work.
Couple this with the following facts:
- I didn’t get creamed by a Peterbilt on the side of the road,
- I have a job,
- I just got my masters,
- my health rocks,
- my kids health rocks,
- my friends and family came and hung with me for a few days from 120-753 miles away,
- As if that wasn’t proof enough, they all proved they still love me despite my obvious social ineptitudes at hosting >5 people at a time,
- Ergo, they kept me liquored up and fed….while leaving the remaining spirits at my house,
- All of my bills are paid and I have a wee bit of money left over…if this car shit was going to happen, better now than 2 weeks ago,
- I no longer have the responsibility of an animal I never wanted,
- I have a nice home and I can afford it,
- I still have the ability to find humor and hope in my otherwise ovary punching life,
- I have friends that have secret skills I didn’t know about like being hobby mechanics and owning diagnostic code scanners,
- Many of my friends own more than one car and trust me enough they allow me to borrow one,
- I own a car that has never stranded me until today in over 8 years including when I almost totaled it…It still drove away and ran for over a year while I saved up my deductible,
- I missed my redneck friends and realized I have new ones ;),
- My car wasn’t injured whilst being towed,
- I don’t have any problems that aren’t fat white american first world problems,
- I have pretty fucking amazing friends and family,
- I officially feel like I have a social support system in this town.
It will be ok.
In fact, everything is already ok.
It’s pretty fucking awesome right now.