res·o·lu·tion (rz-lshn) n.
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress.
5. Physics & Chemistry The act or process of separating or reducing something into its constituent parts:the prismatic resolution of sunlight into its spectral colors.
6. The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a video display terminal.
7. Medicine The subsiding or termination of an abnormal condition, such as a fever or an inflammation.
8. Law A court decision.
9. a. An explanation, as of a problem or puzzle; a solution. b. The part of a literary work in which the complications of the plot are resolved or simplified.
10. Music a. The progression of a dissonant tone or chord to a consonant tone or chord. b. The tone or chord to which such a progression is made.
11. The substitution of one metrical unit for another, especially the substitution of two short syllables for one long syllable in quantitative verse.
Every year I come up with the same resolutions as most of the western world and the same resolutions are broken every year. This year, this year of the goddess magic number 13, my 33rd year…..I am doing something different. I am not going to resolve to eat less meat or more meat, I am not going to resolve to stop smoking (cause I did it in June 2011 BOOM).
- I shall continue my self-care through various means of self-development such as painting, continuing affirmations, meditation, finishing my french courses, blogging, playing my guitar, writing poetry, yoga, walking, etc.
- I shall finish the following workbooks and actually do the work…When I got with my husband I stopped the work and that was a mistake: You can Heal your life by Louise Hays and my new one Getting Unstuck by Karen Casey.
- I shall continue to establish, reestablish and strengthen my own boundaries.
- I shall only encourage and accept things that make me glow into my life.
- I shall strive to meet people where they are.
- I shall read for knowledge, enlightenment, pleasure and requirement…in balance.
- I shall strive for balance in all things and be ever mindful of this immediate goal.
- I shall be outside, in nature as often as possible, with and without purpose, even if this means the death of my facebook.
- I shall let go of things and reduce my clutter. Physically, mentally and abstractually.
- I shall work to stay present.