I notice literally everyone in my world is having relationship issues, so I offer this. It’s, of course, through my lens but its a nice start because I am sure everyone who reads this is guilty of at least one:
Soooo how about:
- Not doing shit to begin with that you need to apologize for.
- Sincerely understanding how your actions affect and effect others and simply apologizing instead of glazing over things with gifts or silence.
- Shutting up and listening for a minute before you interrupt and argue.
- Realizing that just because someone is defensive doesn’t mean you didn’t cause it.
- Realizing that other people evolve and grow and change their views, it doesn’t mean that they have no conviction.
- Appreciating the differences in someone that you liked when you met them instead of being irritated with them.
Looking up the definition of projection, transference, denial, oh f**k it, here: just read about defense mechanisms.
- Not being an asshole for a minute.
- Not making everything a fight.
- Being fully aware of the fact that people love you despite how you treat them but it’s getting old.
- Seeing the irony that you hate how you perceive people to treat others, but then you treat them the same way.
- Not being passive aggressive when you aren’t being antagonistic.
- Understanding that others give you as much space as you need to cool off, center, figure out what the hell is going on in YOUR head. Maybe you should extend the courtesy back.
- Consciously perceive that people are walking on eggshells because of how you react.
- Just shut the f**k up, period.